Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Best Yellow cake ever



This is what the recipe said and I have to agree
I got this off recipe circus a gfcf yahoo group
original recipe: autism recovery network by B.L. olson

Ingredients:
4 eggs room temp
1/2 c. milk of milk sub (I used rice milk) room temp
2t. vanilla (I used furst mcness)
2 1/4 c. GF flour sifted (I used Bette Hagmans original)
1 1/2 c. sugar
2t. baking powder
3/4 t. salt
3/4t. xanthan gum
1c. shortening softened (I used smart balance)

Adjust oven to lower middle 350 degrees.
Grease 2 rounds and then flour also (I used a small pan and did the rest a cupcakes)

-Beat eggs, milk, vanilla. Measure out 1 c. set aside
-Combine dry ingredients in mixer on low for 30 ( I use the whip paddle)
-While mixer is still running add butter in small pieces one at a time. Mix until pea size. Takes about 30 to 40 seconds.
-Add reserved 1C. of egg mix and turn mixer to #6 beat until light and fluffy about 1 minute.
-Add remaining egg mix in a steady stream.
-stop mixer and scrape sides and bottom
-beat on #6 until look slightly curdled 15 seconds

Divide batter and cook 20 to 25 minutes (my cupcakes were done but the cake took another 10 minutes)

I topped the cake with strawberries from my garden that I found in my freezer they still tasted good.

Bette Hagmans Original Flour Blend

2C. rice flour
2/3 c. potato starch
1/3 c. tapioca starch/flour
use a whisk to blend and store in an airtight container



This cake was so good my kids forgave me for not being able to make biscuits. I served this to my parents who are not gf and they couldn't tell the difference

No comments: