Search This Blog

Saturday, March 6, 2010

pizza with company

Nothing is ever easy with a kid who is gluten free but when you add in company you have pizza 5 ways.
First I made the crust from scratch.  I made a 100% whole wheat crust for the big pizza.  It was good but 2 of the kids don't normally eat anything wheat so they didn't like it.  I divided the dough into quarters and let the kids decide what to put on their own.  First I used a jar of spaghetti sauce(homemade) because we are out of pizza sauce.  I actually prefer this or we use homemade salsa instead.  My goal was to gross out the kids and expand their horizons so my quarter was
Kmom-spinach, home canned turkey, anchovies, and pineapples.
K-pepperoni, pineapple, and sausage
J3-pepperoni and pineapple
J1-pepperoni (he was the only one who tried mine and liked it)
added cheese after the picture and this is what we ended up with



Next J2 pizza
start with a gluten free crust



add toppings
homemade gf sauce
gf nitrate and nitrite free and filler free bologna (or sausage if you are talking to my son)
follow your heart cheese (cassein free but not soy free)


bake pizza and enjoy

No comments: