Search This Blog

Friday, March 19, 2010

March can jam-----lemon garlic and rosemary jam

I still need to post pictures but here is what I did.

I found a recipe for garlic jelly and adapted it a little

1/4 c. garlic cloves
2c. distilled vinegar
1 meyer lemon
1 T. dried rosemary
5 c. sugar
3 oz of liquid pectin


I roasted the garlic clove in the oven 375 for 45 minutes


Take the vinegar and bring almost to a boil with the lemon and rosemary.  Take off heat and put a lid on to steep until the garlic is done.  (be aware that this step will make your eyes water)


strain the vinegar
take the vinegar and garlic cloves and blend in food procesor.  this is the point where it is either jam or jelly.  For jelly strain and just use juice I left the cloves in and made jam.



add sugar and bring to a boil


add pectin and bring to a hard boil for 1 minute stir constantly

fill 5 half pint jars with jam.  Leave 1/4 inch head space
Process  in hot water bath for 5 minutes.



This is pretty good but I would like to have fresh rosemary on hand and put a sprig in each jar.  I might also zest the lemon also and leave in the jar.

No comments: