Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

birthday and parade


We woke up to a rainy day. Of course I still had to do market in the morning we were surprisingly steady. I almost sold out but not quite. We had to go to a parade first. I was a little nervous about the candy but we had a chat and Jordan understood that he had to ask before he could eat any. I was armed with my gfcf guide that named the brands not just the type. He asked about every piece and didn't get upset when I said NO. He just would look for another.

The birthday party was a successful. I served Tacos. I used ground beef, turkey, and venison. I used the taco seasoning recipe from myo spice mixes at gfcfrecipes@yahoo. The toppings were lettuce and olives. I made refried beans from whole pinto beans and I made my version of spanish rice. We also had a fruit tray and chips. No one really complained about the lack of cheese. I made my birthday cake using the same recipe as earlier post except I used coconut oil instead. I gave up and used food coloring for red and black. The colors ran on my cake so it wasn't my best but spiderman has been done 4 years in a row now.

No comments: