Search This Blog

Thursday, February 17, 2011

He will make me a carpenter yet!

My brother is helping me redo my house in his spare time.  I have weird and crazy ideas stuck in my brain and somehow he turns them into reality.

Since I am getting away from anything in a bag or a box I store in glass jars.  I believe the contents are pretty so I wanted them on display for aesthetics and convenience.

This is what I started with.  An empty corner in my kitchen.


This is what I ended up with



It is beautiful isn't it.  I spend most of my time in this room and I am so happy to be able to have something more modern than my 60's kitchen cabinets.

We started with a sheet of plywood and designed from there.  On one wall we made it deeper because I wanted to put 1/2 gallon jars. That cabinet holds 16 1/2 gal and 4 quarts


I love the look of the dowel rods.




Now to figure out how to do the big shelf.  I got a little sidetracked by a fly.  Where has he been hiding all winter.






We used a little child labor for muscle.  See I knew you kids would come in handy.


Jordan had the camera so see if you can find Wall-e


  I am so happy with how this turned out.  I still need to stain it.  Now TIM onto the next project!!!!

No comments: