Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Time to Kombucha

I have learned how easy it is to make kombucha so here I go.
First you need a scoby or mushroom. I aquired mine at the westin price conference from an amish family.

step 1: make tea I used 3 qts of water 4 tea bags and 1c. sugar.
step 2: cool to room temp
step 3: add scoby (that is what is floating in the tea)
step 4: cover with a breathable cloth (beware fruit flies love this)
step 5: wait 2 to 3 weeks to stop fermenting



step 6: take scoby out and strain
all done

of course I wanted fruit flavors so I fermented a second time
this bottle is sweet cherries from the freezer


next I just added the plain kombucha back and let ferment for a couple days. I then strained and put in the fridge.

we did 2 flavor and one plain



left to right
plain, cherry, raspberry

I liked the cherry best. Jeffrey liked the raspberry. Jordan not so much.
Health note do not take more than 4 oz it is a very strong probiotic

No comments: