Search This Blog

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Road trip, Disney, and a cruise!!!!!!!!!!


check out how small the boys are they fit in buzz's shoes



What a week! I am pleasantly exhausted. Grandma and I drove 1500 miles with 2 boys and survived. I am not sure how our parents survived road trips when I was young we must have played the grocery game a million times. Traveling with children today is easy. All I needed to pack was 2 gameboys, a dvd player, and some favorite toys and they pretty much ignored us the entire time. We just had to remember to throw a few food scraps at them every 2 hours or there would be hell to pay.

Disney is an awesome experience for someone on the gfcf diet. I ordered a hot dog no bun and the girl asked me if it was because of food allergies. Before I could blink she had called a manager and we had a new hot dog with a gf bun. Jordan was thrilled to be like everyone else. The next day we ordered a gf pizza but it was Amy's so real cheese I decided to let it go. They do carry tofutti ice cream though. The guest assistance pass is unbelievable and my brother also appreciated not having to wait in line with his barely 3 year old.

We went to the beach in between disney and our cruise and it was a great relaxing afternoon. Of course we had done the pool in the morning so maybe sun was becoming an issue.
a href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhFdJ-pTuLCcoX_52x0BHGmS6Uf1s6wbBF02vo5SqCTP-0GyoeQt9cDzSFoLQLMng46SwdZ3EOnBnRts8sGkKpr3T_lg40bjHwARLn_aVJhqV1AGYcRNjmgoFiAjqru0v5uLkm-geH_EPA/s1600-h/cruise+007.JPG">

The cruise was unbelievably great. They went out of their way to take care of my son. They made him gf pizza every night. They didn't have the cf ability so I decided to just let it go the gluten free was what was the most important. I did notice more hand flapping and parifial eye movement but that could be because we were away from home for 10 days. This is the longest that Jordan has been away from home without making himself physically ill.






Jeffrey and I went snorkeling in Cozumel and Jordan went with aunt Tami, Kinsey, and grandma to touch dolphins.
Both boys and all the adults had wonderful experiences.


No comments: